Celebrating 65 Incredible Years Supporting Women!
Since 1951, the Elizabeth Fry Society of Ottawa has been providing assistance to women involved in the criminal justice system and those at risk of coming into conflict with the law. We provide practical and effective support services for women incarcerated in provincial and federal institutions, and for women in Ottawa.
MissionThe Elizabeth Fry Society of Ottawa works with young and adult women, who have been or may become criminalized, to reduce harm and oppression, and to contribute to a healthy community.
Values and Guiding Principles
The Elizabeth Fry Society of Ottawa is a feminist organization committed to the following values:
- To work from a human rights and anti-oppression perspective, recognizing systemic barriers that lead to marginalization.
- To work from a client-centered perspective.
- To promote a respectful, diverse and inclusive environment.
- To recruit and retain skilled employees and foster an engaged workplace.
- To work in partnership with the greater community, and to take a holistic approach to policies and programming.
- To respect our clients and partners by providing comprehensive and complementary services.
The Elizabeth Fry Society of Ottawa is a leader in the social justice movement and a voice for social change.
The Elizabeth Fry Society of Ottawa is the grateful recipient of funding from:
PRISONS & MENTAL HEALTH
Please click on the link to wathch the full episode of prisons and mental health
For release on June 1, 2016 after Minister Naqvi’s release of OCDC Task Force Recommendations - Elizabeth Fry Society of Ottawa response to Task Force on OCDC . Please click here to read details of EFry press release in French and English .
Segregation limits, bail reform among 42 recommendations by Ottawa jail task force